Friday, February 22, 2013

Week 16

Well today we are officially 16 weeks down! I seriously can't believe that we are already another week down. I know I say this almost every week but this deployment is just FLYING by! Let's just hope & pray it continues to do so! This week really wasn't a very productive week but ya know what? Sometimes that's JUST what we need. The boys were out of school Monday & we literally laid around ALL day! But we loved it! I loved spending time with my boys doing something we all love. And that was: WATCHING HARRY POTTER! Ha Ha. Yes we love us some HP in this house.

So this week I:

  • Watched the last 6 HP movies. 4 of them on Monday alone. It was GREAT! 
  • Started reading the Harry Potter books. Again for me. First time for the boys. Told them if they like the movies the will LOVE the books because obviously even tho the movies are amazing the books are 10x better!
  • Talked to my hubby... TWICE! He called on Sunday then again yesterday. It was great. And the boys got to talk to him yesterday too. He called their school and they pulled them into the office so they could talk to him. LOVE my kids school!
  • Continued on WW. But I was supposed to go to my meeting yesterday & it didn't work out with mine & my MIL's schedules (we go together) so we are going on Saturday. I'll let y'all know how this week went as well. Hopefully pretty good!
  • Played in the snow with my boys. We were gonna go sledding but all snow was melted off the hills by the time they got outta school. So we just played in the backyard instead. And that was a lot of fun. 
  • Had twin time with my seester yesterday. OMG SOO much fun. It was just what we both needed. Found LOTS of cute stuff for the new house, and for me. Plus just hanging out with her lightens my mood. Besides my hubs & kids she makes me the happiest. I honestly don't know WHAT I would do without her. 
  • Helped my mom paint 3 rooms in her house. Got to spend time with her, my brother & my SIL. We actually had a lot of fun and the rooms look SOOO much better. Love it! Plus I got some pink & blue frosted tips out of it. :) Now if I could just get it to wash out. 
  • Worked on the house little bit. I have been such a SLACKER but I'm gettin back after it today. I just really need to get focused and get to it. 
  • Got some really bittersweet news. Not a for sure thing yet & I'm still trying to wrap my head around it but I think in the end it'll be for the best. More on that to come later. 
So not a lot this week. But we still had a TON of fun. Trying to enjoy this next year as much as possible. I refuse to just sit around and mope all day every day. Still gotta get out there & live my life and make the best of it. 

And as always, here's some pics of our week. :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment