Sunday, February 10, 2013

100 DAYS DOWN!!!!

We are officially 100 days through this deployment!!! This is one of the huge milestones I have been waiting for. My countdown just keeps getting smaller & smaller and for the most part the days are getting easier & easier. Because even though we are 1 day farther since I saw him last we are 1 day closer to seeing him again. And that's what you have to focus on. You can't focus on the bad of the deployment. You have to focus on the good. And no, I don't think deployments are all rainbows & unicorns BUT if you don't try to look for some good, ANY good in the situation you will be swallowed up by the bad. Trust me. I did that LAST deployment. No fun. That is why I made a list before he deployed of all the good things about deployment. And yes, I found a few. Of course they don't compare to him being here but hey, I can still enjoy them.

Best thing about the 100 days? I heard from the husband after over a week of silence! And I heard words I NEVER thought I'd hear him say. "You're sending too much." Umm... WHAT? I didn't know that was even possible. But I definitely get it. Last time I sent even more than I am this time BUT he didn't go out on as many missions or they didn't last as long or both. Either way he was in his room more and actually got to use the stuff. This time, he gotta pack it up and the care packages are piling up while hes gone. I think I over-did it with the 3 in one day. OOPS. So now my deployment goals have changes. Instead of 1 a week I'm gonna try to do 1 every 10-14 days. And now I just heard from him... AGAIN today!!!

Anyways. These last 100 days have been BEYOND crazy. I know I say that a lot but its true. We have been through more changes in the last 100 days than we have in a LONG time. Maybe just cuz its all crammed together in just over 3 months time? I dunno. But I've had a lot on my plate and still have a lot more. But I think I'm handling things pretty well. If I do say so myself. For me the days have been flying by and I hope they continue to do so.

The light at the end of the tunnel just keeps gettin bigger & bigger and brighter & brighter. This deployment WILL come to an end. We WILL be back together again. And this will all just be a mostly bad memory. But hopefully I'll have some good ones mixed in with the bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment