Thursday, March 14, 2013

Care Packages 10 & 11: St Patrick's Day

Well I talked to Dick today and he has received one of his 2 St. Paddy's Day care packages. Yep. Thats right. I sent him 2! Don't judge! I bought WAY too much stuff as usual and had a few requests from the hubs. But it's all good. I LOVE making care packages and hadn't made one in quite a while. And I am SHOCKED that one is already there. I only sent it out Monday. So in less than a week he got it. I say thats pretty damn good timing!

These two boxes were themed "IRISH you were here" and " You shamROCK my world. In them were:

  • Green cups
  • Mike & Ikes
  • Cupcakes & icing
  • Gum
  • Skittles
  • Silly sting... found out AFTER I sent this that you aren't supposed to send it. I guess you aren't supposed to send anything aerosol... OOPS. 
  • Crackers
  • Shamrock undies
  • Homemade goodies with pretzels, Hershey's kiss & mint m&ms
  • sunflower seeds
  • MIO... this goes in EVERY box. He likes me to send at least 2 per box so I just try to match it with my theme
  • Chips
  • Kleenexes
Hopefully he gets the 2nd box soon. :) And here are pics of them.




2 comments:

  1. So do you send 2 boxes per month ? And how long does it take to get there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sending one every week or every other week depending on what I had going on, if there were any holidays, and what he needed. It usually took about 2 weeks to get there, but he was out on mission all the time, so some times they'd sit in his room for up to a month before he had a chance to open them. I sent mostly large flat rate boxes, but if you wanted to send more and stay in a budget you could easily send the medium or small boxes. Hope this helps. :)

      Delete