Saturday, November 24, 2012

Week 3

Well this was a very hard week. The hardest week since we dropped him off. I didn't sit around and cry like I did the first week but in some ways this week was harder. I had to put suck it up and put on a happy face. I absolutely HATE holidays without him here but when you have little ones you have to still make the best of it. This was also an extremely busy week! Since I hosted Thanksgiving this year I had LOTS to do to get ready. It was a lot of work but OH SO WORTH IT!

This week I:
  • Cleaned a LOT. Like I said had to get ready for Thanksgiving. I don't think it would have taken me near as long to get everything done if I could have just stayed focused.
  • Cooked and ate a TON of great food.
  • Enjoyed time with my family. We were missing my husband and dad this year but it was still nice to spend good time with my mom, brother, sis-in-law, sister, nephews and of course my boys.
  • Celebrated my mom's birthday!
  • Went Black Friday shopping. It was a BLAST. It was also probably the EASIEST thing I did all week. I got to text with the hubby on and off while shopping and it wasn't really something that he was missed during. Yes I miss him ALL the time but he refuses to go black Friday shopping with me, so he wouldn't have been there anyways.
  • Watch Polar Express twice. Well I more slept through it while the boys watched it. I was EXHAUSTED from all the shopping and getting up early too cook after going to bed late.
  • Went to Rise & Shine at Mills. Harley's class did it this week so of course I had to go watch my amazing big guy. You would NEVER know it buy lookin at him but he is one shy lil boy. When he has to get up in front of people he just kinda whispers. Definitely gets that from his Mama. His Daddy makes friends with people EVERYWHERE. I don't think he has a shy bone in his body.
  • Had a girls night in with some AMAZING ladies. It was a TON of fun and yes it helped that I got to text the hubby on and off all night. It kinda reminded me of high school. Spending the night with friends and I spend all night talkin to my guy. LoL. No bigs they understood and it made the night all the better.
  • I also send out the 2nd care package. Loved making it as I always do. Spent a TON of time on it but it will be well worth it when he gets it.
  • Had a Supernatural marathon with my seester. Got all caught up on the new episodes which was great. Well I got caught up. She fell asleep. What a weenie. ;)
  • And found ONE good thing about Dick not being here for the Christmas season. I found a radio station that's ONLY playing Christmas music all season. So I get to listen to as much Christmas music as I want whenever I want. Me and the boys are LOVING it. But Dick HATES Christmas music so we don't get to listen to it all that much when he's home. He WILL tolerate it while we put up the tree tho. Cuz he loves me. :)
All in all it was a really good week. Very difficult but I stayed really busy so that helped. We are now 3 weeks down with the deployment and according to my countdown (don't think its that accurate since we actually DON'T have a return date I'm just going on a year after he left. Could easily be more or less, so no OPSEC violations here. Lol) we are 6% down. It makes me beyond happy to keep seeing my "done" portions of the percent countdown keep getting bigger and bigger.

And to finish up here are some pics of our week:








No comments:

Post a Comment