Friday, November 2, 2012

Kisses from Daddy

So since Dick deployed today I thought it was time for my first deployment craft. I made a "Kisses from Daddy" jar. I bought pretty stickers but didnt double check there were enough letters so they didnt work out but oh well. I had some on hand. Not sure how well they will hold up and took FOREVER digging through the bag to pick out my letters but here it is.

Materials:

Large jar with lid. (I used a $7 glass jar from Walmart)
Hershey's Kisses
Stickers (or you could write it with paint)



Just put the stickers on the jar, fill it with kisses and you are DONE!

I think the boys will love it. They will get a special treat every night after showers instead of their goodnight kisses from Daddy. It won't be able to make up for it but it's better than nothing and it may give them something to look forward to each day. If you do a countdown style jar you can count out the kisses but I don't think we will be doing that. I dont think my jar is quite big enough since I am only doing one jar. It's not perfect but good enough & I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment