Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 1

Let the countdown begin! Today was the day I have been dreading for MONTHS! Today was the day I said goodbye to my husband for a year. I am very proud of myself though. This time I did NOT drop Nathan. So WOO HOO for that one. I also didnt dwell on it the entire week before or the entire time we were waiting. That made our time we had left together MUCH more enjoyable!

My heart broke today. As we said goodbye at the airport Nathan was crying and begging to be able to get on the plane with his Daddy. I ended up having to pull him off Richard becaus he just didnt want to let go. Then my big tough guy Harley broke down and started crying. You could tell he was trying to hold it back so bad but just couldn't stop it. It breaks my heart to know that my boys are hurting and there is nothing I can do about it.

Today my heart broke.
Today I watched my boys lose their Daddy for a year.
Today we had donuts, pizza & candy & don't feel bad about it one bit!
Today we have watched a TON of TV.
Today our countdown began.
Today, tomorrow, and everyday until he is home we miss our Soldier.
Today I keep going back & forth between mixed emotions. I am either breaking down because he is gone for a year. Or I am fine because at the moment it doesn't seem any different than the other training situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment