Monday, November 19, 2012

Care Package #2

Well Dick FINALLY got his first care package and is FINALLY getting released from Med Hold. Which means he is gonna be back with this unit. And what does this mean for me? TIME FOR MORE CARE PACKAGES!!! I absolutely LOVE making care packages. Which is good cuz he LOVES getting them. I know this. I asked.

Anyways. I put a lot more effort into this one. I think it turned out REALLY well. I cut the paper like I did last time but this time I used the Scotch double sided adhesive roller to put the paper on the box. LOVE IT. So worth the money, but it wasn't that much. A few dollars maybe? Anyways as long as it holds up that's what I will be using to put all his stuff on the box.

I used the scotch double sided tape to put the stuff on the bottom of the box and I would NOT recommend it. For care packages i feel like it is a waste of money. Its only a lil bit cheaper than the roller and SO much harder to use. I will use mine up since I'm not gonna waste but I wont be buying it again.


Anyways. I added the paper to the sides and then decorated it with a quote I love that is perfect for the military. I then printed out our song on some white card stock and put that on top of blue construction paper on the bottom of the box. Our song is Warmness On the Soul by Avenged Sevenfold in case you were wondering. :)



As I was decorating hubby called. Totally made my night. :) And since I can't concentrate on crafting AND talk on the phone I moved on to making his cookies. Hope he loves em.

In this box I included:
  • Some protein powder he left here.
  • His protein shake mixer bottle thingy. (It's late... don't judge me)
  • LOTS of beef jerky from his AMAZING Uncle Mike and Aunt Teresa (LOVE THEM)
  • 2 dozen double chocolate chip cookies
  • A drawing from Harley's Class about soldiers
  • A letter to him from Harley's class... his teacher seriously rocks!
  • A CD full of pictures and videos of the boys learning to ride their bikes.
  • A letter from me
  • A letter from Harley.

I then sealed it up and got it ready to go. Literally. I did that right after. Without remembering to take a picture. :( TOTAL BUMMER! So you'll just have to imagine how awesome it looks all filled up with his goodies. :) But I DID remember to take a picture of it after I taped it all up. I'm still loving using the fun different duct tapes to seal it. Yes I said still. Even tho this is only the 2nd package. Again its late. Don't judge me. :) IF you do the duct tape thing I would suggest taping over it with clear packing tape too. I feel like it holds better than duct tape. And they DO make patterned packing tape. I may use it SOME time during the deployment but for now I am perfectly happy over taping stuff and being wasteful. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment