Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hubs, hunting & housing!

WOAH! So much has happened today. I feel like it's been a complete whirlwind!!! Well first off for those of you that don't know my husband is Cherokee Indian. And the Cherokees have a mortgage assistance program that helps you with the down payment and closing costs of buying a house. We've been working with them and have been in limbo for about 8 weeks now. And today I got the news that we have been approved! Woo! What a relief! This means that we can finally meet with a counselor and repair any credit issues we may have and can work on getting the loan.
This news also means that I am cleared to start looking for a job. We were told when we first started that since I was just getting out of college to go ahead and hold off on getting a job until we were approved. And me getting a job now shows financial responsibility as they say. I have so many different feelings about this. One I am more than excited because I can finally use my degree. Plus it will bring in more money and we can get to where we want to be in life. But I am also nervous. I don't even know where to begin with finding this type of job. Good thing I went to a career school I guess. Hopefully that will help. I'm also nervous that I won't be any good at it. I haven't had a job I cared about in a long time, if ever. I'd really much rather stay home with my kiddos and do what I want, when I want. But that's not really feasible. My hubs wants to start his own business when he gets home, which will mean I need a good steady income to fall back on and rely on. And I want him to be able to follow his dreams. Especially since, if we're being honest as sad as it is, I haven't had any real dreams of my own in a long time. I'm not against going to work. And who knows. I may actually end up enjoying it. I'm also kind of sad. I'm sad I have to get rid of my purple and teal hair. But it's something that must be done. I know people are going to judge me with it. And although I really don't care what people think about my hair I am not willing to put my family's security ahead of it. It's just not that important to me. I am also kind of bummed that I won't be able to just hang out and have a super fun summer with my boys like I had planned. But again, other things are more important.
So all in all this is a very exciting new phase for my family. We are all very excited about it and ready to face all the challenges and triumphs that may come along with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment