Saturday, April 20, 2013

Care Package #16: Ping Pong Champ!

Yes, I know I skipped #15. For some odd reason he hasn't received that one yet. Damn mail! But after talking to him this week I did find out the got this box! It was one that he has asked for so he was excited that it had finally arrived!

I guess at his post they have a ping pong table. They also have paddles and I'm assuming balls too. But he says the paddles suck and you can't put a back spin on them. Asked me to send 3 decent paddles, 12 balls and some paddle covers. So off to Academy we went. I got him the Stiga Charger paddles. The guy that worked there said they were decent. And of course being the over-achiever that I am, I just bought a case of balls. They were only the 1 star balls since the 3 start didn't come in a case. If he asks for nicer balls I'll send him some more. But he didn't seem to care about the ball so that's what he got. But of course Academy didn't have the paddle cases. I'm gonna have to order those off Amazon.

I swear any time he asks for ANYTHING I just hear "THEME! BRITTANY THERE IS A THEME!!!" I know he could care less about my themes and would be just as happy if I threw stuff in a box. But making care packages lets me be creative and I really enjoy making them. I think it's funny when he asks me what I sent and I wont tell him. It's like Christmas or a birthday. They are a surprise! I think that's half the fun.

So in this box I sent:

  • 3 ping pong paddles
  • A case of balls
  • A hub man for his computer. We saw this in the checkout line at Walmart and my boys thought it was cool and Daddy needed one. I know he had a USB hub last deployment so I figured it couldn't hurt. 
  • Some flavored Cracker Jacks... again impulse purchase in line at Walmart. 
  • Some Quench gum. Supposedly is energy gum. I just thought it was cool. Impulse purchase at Academy. Are you seeing a trend here?
  • Gatorade Energy chews. These were the blue ones which you cant find at Walmart in the small pack. At least not at my Walmart so when I saw them I HAD to have them. Don't even know if he likes them but I keep sending them. Maybe one day he will actually tell me what he thinks of them?
  • Blueberry breakfast bars. He loves having choices for breakfast.
  • And some Teddy grahams. 
  • Some individual packages of kleenex. Needed a space filler. 
In the picture it shows some drinks. Those did not fit in this box. I think I've tried to send them a few times and they always get taken out. Guess they just aren't top priority. 




No comments:

Post a Comment