Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 Hopes, goals and dreams.

2014 will be an exciting year for us. We will be buying our first home! I know this can be stressful but I'm trying to make it as smooth and stress free as possible. There are a few things I want to change and make happen this year. I never write my resolutions down so I'm hoping writing them down will help. I am also going to try to do a monthly update on them. So here we go...


  • Lose 25 pounds. I want to lose a lot more than that in the long run but I am always so focused on the big number that the smaller achievements get lots. So I'm setting a very reachable goal for the year. 
  • Put more money into savings. With buying a new house I know we will need our savings built up more for anything that can go wrong. I want to be as prepared as we possible can.
  • Only eat out once a week. This was NO problem while Richard was deployed, but it seems like since he's gotten home we eat out all the time! Plus, keeping up with this resolution will help with both of the first two. So win win. :)
  • Make our house a home. With buying our first house we will finally be able to do anything we want to it. This is very exciting and a little intimidating to me. But I can't wait to get started!
  • Complete one major craft project. Not sure what I want to do yet.
  • Get and stay organized. Key word STAY. I dont have a problem getting that way. Its staying that way. But what better time to start than with a move?
  • Relax more, and stop sweating the small stuff. I need to remind myself that my time with my boys at home is almost halfway over. I want to slow down and stop worrying about everything unnecessarily and start focusing on enjoying my family more. 
  • Family day/night once a week. Whether its going out, staying in with a movie and popcorn, game night. Whatever it is, I just wanna spend more time just enjoying them. 
  • Date night once a month. Richard and I used to try to do this but we need to get back into the habit again. 
  • Be complete unpacked within 6 weeks. Yes I know, to some this seems like way TOO long. But for us this will actually be an accomplishment. 
  • Blog twice a month. At least. I need to get back in to blogging, but I don't want to spend all of my time doing it either, so twice a month is a very doable goal. 
  • Read 12 books. That's not near as many as I'd LIKE to read but with working full time, moving, and everything else I want to accomplish, I'd day 1 book a month is good enough. :)
And that's how I'd LIKE my 2014 to go. I know it probably wont go as planned. Things never do. But I'd like to accomplish all of these things. I think I set reachable goals, that will allow me to do most if not all of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment